Sunday, September 5, 2010

Everyday Matters - My first 5 days

The Everyday Matters Yahoo group came to my attention the other day, and thought it would be a great way to get myself into an art/drawing habit. It's a weekly challenge (at number 288 or something) , but I gave myself a huge challenge instead. I'm starting at number 1 and I'm going to do one every day until I "catch up". A long time, I know!

I may not post every single day as if I'm travelling I won't have my scanner, but it might work to take a picture with my phone.

I even splurged on a brand new Moleskine watercolour notebook for the occasion!

Anyway, here are the first 5 days in reverse order:

#5 - Draw your bed

#4 - Draw your mug or cup:
#3 - Purses, wallets or bags:
#2 - Draw a lamp:#1 - Draw a shoe:

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM - and thanks for sharing your lovely drawings. Your lines are so clean and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to EDM! I really like your drawings, and you're right, it's an ambitious undertaking! I'm so impressed that you actually started a new blog just for this. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group! Awesome drawings and of course you nailed the challenges without a doubt. I am so impressed with your determination to do the challenges, it wasn't easy for me at all as I am always tempted to do something else.
    Anyway,I wish you good luck and keep posting ^^ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your challenges so far... I have been starting from the beginning of the list as well... that list is daunting! :-) What did you use to create these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to EDM! Your sketches are good, a great start to your challenge. I just jumped into the middle when I started, one day I'll go back to the beginning and start do them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to our fun group! These are wonderful sketches! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you'll love the Moleskini....I think all your
    challange sketches are done so very well !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice comments. I've been doing them with a Micron pen and a bit of watercolour. I think they're a little children's book-like but we'll see how they progress as I make my way through the list.

    ReplyDelete